TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Trinidad and Tobago Sailing Association is looking for an energetic, disciplined and people friendly individual to oversee the affairs of its year-round sail training programme for youths and adults.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Sound knowledge of Marine Affairs, Dinghy Sail Boats and Offshore Yachts.
- RYA Certified (or similarly recognised certification) in Dinghy Sailing Instruction, Yachtmaster Offshore and Power Boat Certification. Good administrative skills, including a strong command of the Microsoft Office Suite, record keeping and finance budgeting.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work as part of a team, ensuring discipline and the ability to earn the respect of young persons. The perfect candidate must also be able to train, mentor and supervise instructors and monitors to maintain consistent Sailing safety and OSHA standards.
- Ability to develop good relations with Media, NGOs, Sponsors and Government departments.
- Good mechanical and manual skills to oversee upkeep of vessels, equipment and grounds to safety particulars.
- A self starter, able to work without day to day supervision.
- Knowledge and passion for Sailing (must be a sailor).
- To manage and administrate the operations of the school at all locations.
- Promote the School at various locations in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Be able to act on initiative.
- Oversee Maintenance of vessels and equipment.
- The ability to maintain regular and effective communications with Members, Parents and Students.
- Liaise with Government Officials.
- Maintain and attract effective communications with viable sponsors for School.
- The ability to instruct and mentor, especially young adults, must be an asset.
- Vehicle an asset.
Please apply in writing to the General Manager
Mail to: PO Box 3140, Carenage.
Or E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are also required to submit a copy of the application to:
Chief Manpower Officer
Ministry of Labor & Small and Micro Enterprise Development
50 - 54 Duke Place
Port of Spain
We are seeking suitable applicants for the position of General Manager. The successful applicant will be responsible for the overall management of the facilities' operations. The General Manager will report to a Management Committee.
- Enhance and maintain proper operational procedures for Accounts Department, Administration, Safety, Security and Maintenance.
- To develop an annual budget for operational activities.
- Supervise and motivate department employees to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- To ensure all electrics, infrastructure and utilities are up to code and provide adequate supplies.
- To maintain and increase an accurate record of all members and current contact information.
- To ensure all payments for membership, moorings, outhaul services, and other operations are made in a timely manner.
- To maintain and further develop dry docking and outhaul facilities, and register of the boats currently dry-docked and moored on the facilities.
- Provide regular reports to the Management Committee outlining specific achievements and challenges related to the annual plan of activities.
- Perform other duties as required by the job function.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Certification in Business Management as represented by a recognised degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Maritime and Yachting Industry.
- At least 5 years experience in a management position.
- Effective communication skills.
- A team player, with the ability to lead and motivate.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge or training in Project Management an asset.
Please apply in writing to the Trinidad and Tobago Sailing Association:
Mail to: PO Box 3140, Carenage
Or E-mail email@example.com
CLOSING DATE FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
Friday 7th February, 2014